Brevard Zoo Bear Bustle 3K, Saturday February 8th, 2020 at Brevard Zoo, 8225 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935 Event Distance: 3K Race Director: Denise Piercy Race Director Email: email@example.com Race Director Phone: 321-751-8890 Website
Brevard Zoo Bear Bustle 3K, Saturday February 8th, 2020 at Brevard Zoo, 8225 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935
Event Distance: 3K
Race Director: Denise Piercy
Race Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Director Phone: 321-751-8890
Website Address: https://www.runningzone.com/series/
Beneficiary: Brevard Zoo
START TIMES: 7:00 am – MUST complete course under 20 minutes OR 7:35 am- Choose for more leisurely pace
- Check out Zoo Animals during the Run/Walk
- Fun Bear Awards
- 50% Off Admission for All Participants on Race Day*
- Free Li’l Bear Cub Kids’ Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Breakfast Catered by Double D’s BBQ!
- FREE BEER for the 15th Year! (21 & Older)
- Benefits Brevard Zoo
- Random giveaway of $500 Disney Gift Card and Annual Zoo Membership!
- * Must show participants race number for discounts to zoo.
Our series races provides participants with an exceptional experience including:
– Series awards of $10,000 in prizes & gift cards
– Plenty of fluids along course and finish area
– Split clocks at each mile and directional markers
– 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, 200 meters & 100 meters signs to finish line
– Electronic timing with immediate results
– Personalized receipts with gun, net & split times
– Finisher certificates & finish line video
– Special appearance by Zippy, our gecko mascot
– Photo booth with props and free downloadable photos
– Free hi-res photos & event highlight video
– Unique race themed awards
– Great post-race party & new this year, beer for 21 years+
Day of race registration opens 1 hour before all races. Late registration closes 10 minutes before each race begins. Award ceremony will begin immediately following each race.
Fees (Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.)
Individual Registration: $30.00 ($35 Race Day)
Team: $25.00 (No Race day registration)
Kid’s Registration: $15.00 ($20 Race Day)
No Team/School Registration Race Day
– $5 OFF for No-shirt option!
Start A Team
Being a part of a team can be very rewarding. All you need is a minimum of 5 people (1 person of the opposite sex) that want to be part of the team. Everyone on the team saves $5.00 on the entry fees and you may be able to start training together for one or all of the upcoming races.
Gather your family, friends and co-workers! Teams must participate in at least four series races to be eligible for the series award. Awards will be given to the top three teams. Each team consists of at least five members with one of the members being the opposite sex. The top four of the same sex and the 1st member of the opposite sex will be scored. (No Team Race Day Registration)
School Team Challenge: (Elementary and Middle Schools Only)
An award will be given to the top three elementary or middle schools that have the largest participation. The School Team Challenge applies to each race as well as the series. Schools must participate in at least four series races to be eligible for the series award. Students only count towards participation challenge. Parents and teachers can form an open team. (No School Race Day Registration)
Series races are scored for runners and walkers in all age categories. Participants in the series must complete a minimum of FOUR series races to be eligible for the series awards.
Standard Race Series Age Divisions
8 & Under 9-11, 12-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 , 40-44 , 45-49 , 50-54, 55-59, 60-64 65-69, 70-74 , 75-79, 80+
Scoring & Points
The first 10 runners/walkers overall will receive 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 points in the open competition.
The first 10 Masters (40 years and older) runners/walkers overall will receive 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 points in the open competition.
The first 10 runners/walkers within each age group will receive 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 point in their age group competition.
Scoring will be based on 6 races. If you participate in all 7 events, your lowest score will be dropped. At the end of the series, individuals who accumulate the most points receive awesome cash, gift certificates and prizes, and are recognized by Running Zone in June 2020.
Note: Your age group for the Series is determined by your age as of the 7/4/19.
The standings after each race will be calculated and displayed on www.runningzone.com/series
(Saturday) 7:00 AM
8225 North Wickham Road