About the Foundation
The owners of Running Zone, Don and Denise Piercy, have organized numerous running and walking events in Brevard County
since 2003 and have donated proceeds from these events to various nonprofit organizations.
In September 2008, Don and Denise established Running Zone Foundation, Inc. to formalize their commitment to health and fitness
programs in Brevard County.
The Foundation was established as a 501 (c) (3) organization with the purpose to promote exercise and fitness and give back to local
organizations. Today, it consists of 7 Race Series events and 5 other Foundation events.
|2016-2017 Race Series||Date||Beneficiary|
|Firecracker 5k||July 4, 2016||Honor America|
|I Run for Pizza Football Kickoff 5k||August 13, 2016||Suntree Viera Youth Football League & WEGO Ministries|
|Ghostly Gecko 5k||October 29, 2016||Eau Gallie High School Health & Wellness Academy|
|Jingle Bell 2 Miler||December 17, 2016||Satellite High Running Programs|
|Brevard Zoo's Komodo Krawl 3k||February 11, 2017||Brevard Zoo|
|Pirate Plunder 2 Miler||April 8, 2017||Harmony Farms|
|Run for the Gecko 5k||May 13, 2017||Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training|
|Other Foundation Events||Date||Beneficiary|
|Space Coast Countdown to Fitness and Final Mile||April 23, 2016||N/A|
|Long Dogger's Kids Marathon and Half Marathon||October 1, 2016||Boys & Girls Club, Brevard County|
|Space Coast Marathon and Half Marathon||November 27, 2016||Water Station Host Organizations|
|Florida Today Corporate 5k||March 9, 2017||United Way|
|Excalibur 10 Miler & Relay and |
Dragon Slayer 2 Miler
|March 19, 2017||TBD|
Why Your Company Should Become a Sponsor
- Increase your company’s visibility among Brevard County residents
- Improve your company’s image by making a public show of support for a charitable cause
- Improve your bottom line with a tax-deductible donation to charity
- Create a fun event for employees, clients and vendors who can participate in any of our events
- Establish your company’s commitment to Brevard County by supporting the county’s largest running and walking events
- Build teamwork and camaraderie among employees outside the workplace by encouraging them to be part of a crew of support.
For more information on partnerships, please contact Christa Mudd, the Foundation’s Marketing and Events Coordinator,
321-751-8890 or email@example.com.
Apply to be a Beneficiary
If your organization is able to meet these requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Beneficiary” as the subject.
These requests will be taken into consideration for 2017-2018 series and other Running Zone Foundation races.
List of Beneficiaries